Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fresh Grad

Well, i got a Bachelor Degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering from University of Wales, Swansea, UK. Just like any other people, I heard from seniors that what u have learnt in universities u can't apply to ur work. I wasn't really believe in what they said because if it's not related at all then why do universities teach us those things? Just for fun??

I went back to M'sia last year and started to look for job. It was easy, out of 5 interviews I got 3 offers. I thought, so it isn't as tough as other people say. So I started to worked as a CAM Engineer which i believed is related to what i studied because it is a PCB manufacturing company.

I was wrong...

Every day, I was just sitting in front of the computer modifying customer's design. The supervisor doesn't allowed any human interaction between us and we were forced to do O.T. even if there is nothing to do. I decided to quit. I believe that with my ability I can get a better job with better offer.

Again, i was wrong.

I thought it shouldn't be hard to get a new job. I keep applying for different types of engineer like Component Engineer, Process Engineer, Sales Engineer, Procurement Engineer...... Until now I have attended many interviews and none of them want to hire me.... I starting to wondering now, "Am i really that bad that's why nobody want to hire me? " Then.... I found that what i lack of is EXPERIENCES. I called a company's HR department yesterday.

Me :" I'm interested in the post, Procurement Engineer. So i was wondering is it possible for u
to arrange a interview with me? "
HR :" What experience do u have? "
Me :" Ermm... I only have 6 months experience, is it ok?"
HR :" So u are a freshgrad la."
Me :" Ermm..ya.."
HR :" I am sorry, we only want someone with experience for this post. "
Me :" Ok, thanks a lot..."
Come on, if u guys don't give fresh grads a chance to learn, how are we suppose to gain experience? Where can u get someone that is young, energetic and with experiences at the same time? Think about it!
I think i should have taken commerce degree because it's easier to find job and with higher pay. For those who is planning to do Engineering course, unless u r guys, if not better think twice.

No comments: